Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vaša iskustva sa dobivanjem USB VID/PID i ST USB driver za Win
Evo primjer iz Nizozemske gdje izgleda da su USB-IFovi advokati bili u akciji:

Quote:When you develop your own USB product you probably do not want to pay 2000$ for a Vendor ID.
Why would you need a VID ? Each USB product requires an unique VID and PID number.
Since the VID is a WORD(2 bytes) there are many possible numbers.

Each of your unique products need a unique PID. This is also a WORD(2 bytes).

Another option is to buy a PID from MCS. Together with the VID you will have a unique combination.
MCS has sold PID's since 2005.
When MCS purchased the VID, there was NO INFORMATION about the usage of the VID-PID.
USB-IF was only focused to get a payment. There were no rules or conditions or a contract.

That changed in June 2009 when USB-ORG wrote an email that it was not permitted to sell VID or PID.
MCS pointed out that in The Netherlands you can not enforce or change rules AFTER a product/service is sold.
So we continued as usual.
In reaction USB-ORG offered our money back but that would mean existing customers would not have a valid PID anymore.
So we got some more letters and finally USB-ORG wrote a letter that they revoked our VID.

Of course our VID can not be re-used by USB-ORG. This means that our VID will still be unique.

If you want to produce a USB device that need to be tested/verified by USB-ORG you need your own VID.
If you only need a real unique VID & PID combination, you can still use ours.
So what we offer is a unique VID & PID combination.

Dakle, jedna mogućnost je kupiti od njih PID za 15€ što je puno bolje od nekadašnjih 2000 USD ili današnjih 5000 USD. Pisao sam i ST-u da vidim može li se od njih dobiti PID (pod njihovim VID-om).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vaša iskustva sa dobivanjem USB VID/PID i ST USB driver za Win - by prasimix - 06-05-2018, 03:03 PM